thelostworldfanforum

The Lost World Fan Forum Dedicated to the TV Show The Lost World
It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 6:53 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to thelostworldfanforum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our ther features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Hi all
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:26 pm 

Hi everyone :D

New member here. Good to see that there are still folk who love The Lost World as much as I do !

I'm getting ready for tonights episode at 7pm (UK time) on the Horror Channel. They seem to be showing them in order. Tonights episode is "Resurrection". I think Roxton is the main man in this episode !

Enjoying this fan forum too - long may it continue !
James1888 has been thanked by:

Post subject: Re: Hi all
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:31 pm 

Welcome to the time portal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:07 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:24 pm 

Hey. I enjoy Resurrection because of the quips between Marguerite and Roxton. :D But then I love any episode they bicker and make up in. :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:02 am 

Hi and welcome James1888!!! I agree with SunKrux 100%. We adore watching sparks fly between those two as everyone else struggles to survive the latest crisis. Long live The Lost World Fan Forum and all of our treehouse companions! We're glad you took the elevator up to join us! By the way, would you know how to roast coffee beans? Marguerite will be getting up soon and it's a rough morning without her coffee.

Oh, please be quiet. This is about me. - Pearson Rice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:01 pm 

[quote="James1888"]Hi everyone :D

New member here. Good to see that there are still folk who love The Lost World as much as I do !

I'm getting ready for tonights episode at 7pm (UK time) on the Horror Channel. They seem to be showing them in order. Tonights episode is "Resurrection". I think Roxton is the main man in this episode !

Enjoying this fan forum too - long may it continue !

Hello and welcome to this side of the Plateau....

We do, we do, we do luv the show. Roxton certainly goes through loads of emotional turmoil in" Resurrection".

This episode has lots good quotes Marguerite does save Roxton and he is less then grateful.

Roxton: I thought I told you to stay in the tent.

Marguerite: Does the phrase, ‘ungrateful son of a *****’ have a familiar ring?

and

Marguerite: Ok, I’ve had enough for one day, I’m ready to be bored again.

and
Roxton: Body heat?

Marguerite: I’m familiar with the concept.

Roxton: Well, be my guest.

and

Marguerite: "Well at least you have a pure soul, last time I looked mine was a little worse for wear".

Roxton: "Well, that’s why I’ll always be around to set you straight. Dirty job but someone’s got to do it".

Marguerite: "You said always"?

Roxton:"Did I"?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:00 pm 

Thanks for the welcome everyone :D

I'm getting settled for tonights episode "The Chosen One". Cant remember too much about this one ? I think it has a healthy dose of Roxton and Marguerite though !? Love the Horror Channel for showing them all in order !

OK, that's 7pm......... :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:14 pm 

James1888 wrote:

I'm getting settled for tonights episode "The Chosen One". Cant remember too much about this one ? I think it has a healthy dose of Roxton and Marguerite though !? Love the Horror Channel for showing them all in order !

And Veronica is looking good in that blue dress ! How could I forget that ! :Kissing:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:32 pm 

James1888 wrote:
James1888 wrote:

And Veronica is looking good in that blue dress ! How could I forget that ! :Kissing:

Veronica sure does look wonderful. This episode includes a great dilemma which Malone faces...and it does impact Veronica. Of the two stories I think the B story ...involving Veronica and Malone the more interesting..and just slightly creepy.

ENJOY :GroupPartyThree:

CAP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:17 am 

Marguerite and Roxton are not at all compatible in this episode. If there had been more episodes like The Chosen One, we probably wouldn't have been rooting them on as a couple. In the treehouse, it was a sad episode watching Veronica suffer through Ned's alien possession. That was extremely creepy and I did not appreciate the strange hussy making herself at home in the treehouse. I did enjoy Summerlee's attempts to set Malone back on track and Challenger's compassion.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:02 pm 

Yip, enjoyed last nights episode - and I know what you mean, it was slightly creepy ! But all good fun !!

Tonights episode is "Prophecy". The one with the fortune teller whose predictions start to come true.......sort of !!! Veronica and Marguerite are a bit jealous of the fortune teller. Understandable I guess, she does has obvious charms !

Shame - I have to wait til Monday evening for the final episode of Season 1 !? But episode 1 of season 2 will be aired Tuesday evening, so it's all good !

Have a great weekend everyone :GroupParty2:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:12 am 

Thank you for the episode updates. In a way, it's like reliving the series episode by episode as you name which one you're fixing to watch. The anticipation and delayed gratification is impossible for me since I'm too willing to pop in the next disk. In Prophecy, I was leary of the fortune teller since she was an outsider. We never really know what they'd be up to and it's usually no good. The fortune teller started out bad by stealing their weapons, but in the end was a good egg, so to speak. I had my eye on her though as she flirted with Ned.

I hope your weekend and everyone else's was a good one. I went to Dallas to see a couple of my cousins. It was nice even though one of their dogs had pencilled me in on her menu. Fortunately, I made it back home without any dog bites. I know how Roxton and Malone felt in the witches castle now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:52 pm 

Well, it's "All or Nothing" tonight ! Quite looking forward to tonights journey into the Lost World ! I don't have the luxury of owning the DVD's ! I must remedy that. Although, it's alway more enjoyable watching it on the TV each night :D

Well, I need to get back to watching the football - Glasgow Celtic are playing ! Unfortunatley they are losing at half time.......

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:50 pm 

Welcome :)

PS. You're Scottish and I think that's just so awesome. :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:54 pm 

Xelda wrote:
Marguerite and Roxton are not at all compatible in this episode. If there had been more episodes like The Chosen One, we probably wouldn't have been rooting them on as a couple. In the treehouse, it was a sad episode watching Veronica suffer through Ned's alien possession. That was extremely creepy and I did not appreciate the strange hussy making herself at home in the treehouse. I did enjoy Summerlee's attempts to set Malone back on track and Challenger's compassion.

I think they were compatible in The Chosen One. Roxton was reliving his relationship with his brother, William, and Marguerite knew it. She was also pissed at the kid, Gideon, for nearly getting her killed by Apemen, when Roxton and she had told him to just leave them be. This transferred over to her dealing with Roxton because she was feeling left out. You know how she likes (and sometimes doesn't because he can be so prying when it comes to her past) his attention, even if she doesn't always let on she does. ;) That and she didn't trust the kid, at all. I mean who would considering that he nearly got her killed. I know I wouldn't trust him. Impudent little snot! How dare he not listen to Marguerite?! :D

Yeah that whole "help me save my race" thing between Malone and that woman was a bit creepy wasn't it? Honestly, I really disliked how the Veronica/Malone relationship was handled. If they had started out with them only remaining friends I would have been okay with it. OR if they had hooked them up I would have loved it. But they flipfloped with that relationship. It got annoying, for me, after awhile. THEN when they were finally looking like they would get their relationship on track...well we all know what happened at the end of S3. :mad:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Contact Us | All times are UTC