thelostworldfanforum

The Lost World Fan Forum Dedicated to the TV Show The Lost World
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:07 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to thelostworldfanforum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our ther features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today.

Post subject: New Shows - Anything good?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:51 pm 

Can anybody recommend any of the new shows? I haven't seen much of anything I like. Frey has gone wild on reality shows on aliens, monsters, etc. He wants to get a job chasing bigfoot, bigfeet or whatever. He says he can do it better than anyone else. He's probably right. I can picture him dragging a bigfoot home some day. I better get ready to run.
prairie gal has been thanked by:

Post subject: Re: New Shows - Anything good?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:27 am 

The Walking Dead on AMC and The Big Bang Theory on TBS and CBS
LTD1293 has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:37 pm 

Mr. CAP likes Blacklist. I do (still) like Ironsides.. as long as I don't compare the show to the older version. Blair Underwood worked extremely hard on this show. Looking towards BBCA: Atlantis in November and "White Chapel" in January (heard good things about the latter).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:49 pm 

Hey prairie gal! I'm hopelessly hooked on the singing competition The voice. I've been meaning to hold still and watch Blacklist, Sleepy Hollow, the show that takes off on fairy tales (I can't remember the name of it) Once Upon A Time or something like that and The Big Bang Theory. I finished Breaking Bad which sounds like something people wouldn't be interested in. It pushes the envelope and you do get a few shocks along the way, but it was a really good series. I think it's more of a guy show, but watching episode one touched something primal in me. What would you do if you knew you were dying, leaving a handicapped son and pregnant wife with nothing? What if you had the knowledge to do something which would leave them financially set once you're gone, but it's flagrantly illegal? *Hook in mouth* and I was addicted to the show. Naturally it's off the air now, but it was well worth watching.

Oh, please be quiet. This is about me. - Pearson Rice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:10 pm 

Thanks for the ideas, I'll have to look them up if I can get the TV remote away from Frey. He's now fixated on a fishing show, the one where the guy goes fishing for man, woman, and children eaters. I don't think I'll ever be able to look at catfish again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:28 am 

EWWW, is it one of those fish with teeth? I don't like my fish to have T-Rex teeth. Those need to be hunted to extinction pronto.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:03 pm 

Some of the fish on this show are pretty awesome. There are a considerable number with teeth that Frey could envy. Long sharp teeth in the mouth of long critters. The ones i find most horrifying are the cat fish. They don't really have teeth but some of them are up to 7 feet long and have huge mouths that just sort of suck their prey in. They have been known to eat people especially children. I frankly don't like the idea of being sucked up by a huge fish.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:28 am 

Sucking fish really .... suck! I've seen where there are some huge fish out there. There's one that looks like a snake. It took several people to hold it up and it wasn't even one of the "large" ones. Oh, I can see where this is going and I want no part of mythological fish and shifting planes of reality. There are two snakes in my neighbors yard and that gives me enough to worry about. Gecko looking lizards started showing up in our area now. They're like the round headed kids of the lizard world. I think they're kind of cute in a slimy, sticky fingered sort of way. I like them as long as I don't have to touch them. They aren't trained to get on a piece of paper so I can transport them back to the yard and herding them doesn't work either. Well, that's my big wild life adventure for the year.

Xelda has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:09 am 

I have snakes in my back yard. Frey thinks they are cute! One is a hog nosed snake, it's pretty ugly. The other is some sort of racer. It is very long and thin and has beautiful stripes down its back. I was busily weeding this summer when I had the feeling something was watching me. I turned my head and the snake was looking over my shoulder. I don't know which of us moved faster! Frey laughed his head off and my broom was no where in sight. I don't mind snakes if they're not very poisonous, I just stay out of their way. I didn't know I could move so fast.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:32 am 

WOAH! I am proud of you for making a run for it. Better to be safe than touched by a snake. Frey laughed at you? You deserve the Purple Heart for thinking of a broom when you see a snake instead of calling the national guard, getting a couple of Webley's, hunting rifle, a gaggle of mongooses (or is that mongeese?) and maybe even a cannon.

I have a serious snake phobia. One time at work, a guy drove up with his arm resting in his open window. As he drew closer, we could see a snake wrapped around his arm. It had it's head facing his face. He got out and brought the snake in. Half the office ran like a herd of ungraceful, but heavily motivated gazelle out the back door. We all sat on top of vehicles (yes, I was in that group) with our arms wrapped around our knees and eyes suspiciously watching for anything that slithered. The other half of the office laughed at us and threatened to bring the man eating beast out to where we were. We were mocked, teased and threatened with a close encounter of the serpent kind. We didn't climb down until we were certain the guy with the snake was driving off.

I think I told everyone about the time I walked into a room where someone was watching a nature channel and the camera was zoomed in on a snake. I froze in place. The snake slithered on seeking to destroy anything in it's path until another snake jumped out, clamped it's teeth into it's head and pulled it behind it's rock. THAT'S when I fainted. I am firmly in the Indiana Jones camp! "Snakes, why does it have to be snakes?"

You had the good sense to run, prairie gal. I would have passed out right there in the weeds. I guess if I were in The Lost World, my skill would have been watching for snakes. They'd know I'd found one when I was sprawled out, face down in the dirt all unresponsive and stuff. It's not a glamorous job, but it would be my gift to the Challenger Expedition.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:30 pm 

I see no one mentions Sleepy Hollow. It's already been renewed for a 2nd year. Very rare event for Fox! Great show. :Bunny:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:03 am 

Most of the new shows I watched last season have been cancelled (most notably Almost Human, Enlisted, and Trophy Wife). The Millers was the only one renewed.

I find myself watching less and less new programs every year as I hate to get invested and have them disappear. TLW is one of the prime examples, but there have been so many others :(

Currently I am rewatching all of Hill Street Blues (to justify the small fortune I paid for the complete series DVD set :P). Currently up to season 5. It's amazing how some episodes I remember all these years later and other storylines I completely forgot about. It's also fun to see how many guest stars went on to become well-known actors.

My TLW site / My TOTTS site
Koala Bear has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:25 am 

I enjoy watching the old shows too. I dug out some CDs of "To the Manor Born" An old British show that is a real hoot. I also like the SiFy one that starred the lizards, Charles and Diana. My cousin told me I should watch America's got talent. I did find it quite interesting and fun to watch. I have also been watching the monster shows, Bigfoot, et al. What I want to know is how long they can run after the monsters without catching one even on tape. The show would end quickly if they did. I'm watching cross bones now, its sort of fun. American Ninja Warrior passes the time well also. I did like the Japanese one better for some reason.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:41 pm 

I've been gun shy about new programs because I hate getting invested only to have the series cancelled. With this mentality, I end up buying the series later after I'm fairly certain it will continue. I got curious about The Blacklist and bought it. I enjoyed it and the wheels are turning to figure out why the bad guy is so invested in the new agent. It just wrapped up it's first season and I saw where it's renewed for a second season. I enjoy Downton Abby as a period piece soap opera. I got involved in Game of Thrones only after finding it wrapped up season 4. I am a big Sean Bean fan. Don't know why. The man dies in every show. They even have a Youtube video called "Stop Killing Sean Bean" which shows him dying in everything he's played in. Ok, I've heard rumors of a few shows he didn't die in, but they were reportedly awful. I continued to watch begrudgingly after he was killed off. The strange thing about GoT is when they move to a new scene, you think "I was wondering what was going to happen here" instead of "Wait! I wasn't through watching the last story!" (I was always the latter in TLW.) With The Voice on break, I'm watching Last Comic Standing. No R&M chemistry to be found anywhere.

Xelda has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:03 pm 

Arrow - on CW - S3 starts this fall or is it summer? Awesome show, fabulous cast, and the lead actor is such a generous man with his fans. Stephen Amell.

Orphan Black - BBC America - S2 just wrapped a few weeks ago, S3 renewal was already announced. Any show where the lead female plays 12 (at least) different characters in such a fashion that one forgets it's ONE actress playing them all. It's such a fabulous show!

Those are my fav two "new" shows.

I also enjoy Under the Dome. S2 just started. Haven't heard if S3 is a go or not.

I still watch and LOVE Castle, Rizzoli & Isles, and Major Crimes.

Looking forward to The Flash (also on CW) in the fall.
SunKrux has been thanked by:

Contact Us | All times are UTC