thelostworldfanforum

The Lost World Fan Forum Dedicated to the TV Show The Lost World
It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:02 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to thelostworldfanforum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our ther features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today.

Post subject: ICE AGE... how cold is it in your AREA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:22 pm 

When I climbed out out bed this AM it was -21 degrees fahrenheit... or -29 degrees celsius (outside). Even by MinneSNOWda standards this is COLD. And our area is considered tropical in comparison to further North of we were live.

The schools statewide are closed today.... because of the temps and the windchill factor (currently -50 degrees) Uff DA!

I understand this Arctic Air Mass extends almost to Florida. So how cold is it in your area/locations ... ?

Stay WARM...

CAP
CAP has been thanked by:

Post subject: Re: ICE AGE... how cold is it in your AREA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:59 pm 

We had that weather last month. Right now it is a whopping 30 degrees F. It was down to -2 last night. Almost shirt sleeve weather at that. We just have a little "squeaky snow', so we're doimg well. We do have the winds though.

Frey
prairie gal has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:37 am 

As my momma likes to say "It's colder than a well digger's bottom". Here in the deep south it got up to 33!!!!! *sings* We're having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave... Every body, join in with me! Uh never mind, with all the teeth chattering I don't guess any one is in the mood for a sing along.

Oh, please be quiet. This is about me. - Pearson Rice
Xelda has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:22 pm 

In my neck of the Plateau it's "Cold enough to freeze your Winnebago!" (It's from one of the Muppet Christmas movies). Currently it's 21 f with a high (supposedly) of 36. This type of weather is rare in the Southern part of Georgia.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:21 pm 

We had a couple of days with highs in the negatives. It's currently a balmy 12 degrees :P

My TLW site / My TOTTS site
Koala Bear has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:26 am 

Has anyone seen a bunch of drones carrying Marguerite off to be their queen? We must stop them!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:58 pm 

Right now we are having a heat wave it's 55 degrees outside. I took down some of the Christmas lights but some are still frozen to the ground. I guess I'll try again. This global warming is really a bummer. I think the drones are headed north again. Keep your eyes open for Marguerite.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:35 pm 

Fifty-five degrees. I can see Frey in his speedo.. well maybe not Hope you survived the heat wave...

Hugs,

CAP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:33 pm 

I actually do have a speedo! However I'm not exactly built for swimming. I have done so but it is really difficult. Now it is the wind that's making things miserable. It's 40F out now with about a 40 mph wind gusting up to 60mph. The Semis are flying! The interstate is closed to high profile vehicles and trailers. The winds are going east and the interstate is caught in the middle. Personally I don't like to tail a Semi that is swaying back and forth, don't like to pass them either, so I'm home watching TV.

Frey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:49 am 

Well, I live in Europe, and despite hearing about all the extreme weather conditions in America or Australia, we have had one day of snow this winter and that was last year in November. To be honest, I am disappointed, I like snow and this winter feels like late spring. Any chance someone wants to send excessive snow in my direction? I would appreciate it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:58 am 

Tina wrote:
Well, I live in Europe, and despite hearing about all the extreme weather conditions in America or Australia, we have had one day of snow this winter and that was last year in November. To be honest, I am disappointed, I like snow and this winter feels like late spring. Any chance someone wants to send excessive snow in my direction? I would appreciate it.

Why yes we do! Come and bring your cooler! :elf:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:31 pm 

We don't have much snow (about 1 inch) but we will gladly supply some wind, get your turbines ready. Our designation is semi-arid and we don't get much snow unless the winds come from the SSE and pull lots of moisture from the Gulf of Mexico. Thankfully it doesn't happen very often. The worst one was during WWII when the dormitories on the Army Base were covered up to the second floor. The winds were blowing terribly and the man who was telling me this said that they watched as their uniform smoky bear type hats disappeared over the horizon. I was out walking Monday and a gust of wind hit me in the middle of the back and I went flying. For those of you who have never seen me, I am not exactly light weight. I wonder if there is such a thing as a sailing snowboard? Today it is cold and slightly windy but it is supposed to warm up after tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:54 pm 

Our heat wave has returned! Today it is over 50 F and bright and sunny. There is a light breeze (under 30 mph). It is truly a spring like day. However next week it is said to be another bout with arctic winds. I wonder where the blue people have taken Marguerite now. Chasing the cold can't be too easy. I'm so glad I got my new drive way. It is so smooth that Frey and I can clear snow in no time at all. The sidewalk, however, is a pain in that it has holes and the various parts of the cement are at all different angles. We have a shovel that catches is all the imperfections every time. It is hard on the arms. But it belongs to the city and I have had a growing bird bath for several years now, soon we will be able to swim in it. I wonder if I can charge the swimmers? Right now the birds don't pay anything. Cheers everybody! I hope your weather will behave properly soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:48 pm 

It may not seem cold to some, but there's talk of it snowing here, in Southern GA (which RARELY happens) in the next day or two. It's supposed to be in the high 30's during the day and low 20's at night.

:SnowmanGif2:
SunKrux has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:55 pm 

Right now it's warmer here in Wyoming!

Contact Us | All times are UTC