thelostworldfanforum

The Lost World Fan Forum Dedicated to the TV Show The Lost World
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:45 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to thelostworldfanforum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our ther features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today.

Post subject: Spring
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:41 pm 

It's spring which is why mother nature deemed to surprise us with 13 inches of snow, a whole winter's worth here. Note: my boots are only 12 inches tall = bummer. It was deep for a day then melted, next we had a hail storm. What is wrong with this picture? I have had several bad headaches for what purpose I don't know. Mother Nature better hide. My thought was that she is taking pleasure in Colorado's offerings. IE-marijuana. Changing the topic, has everyone heard about the end of Ringling Brothers? Many would say so what. The animal rightists are celebrating, no more elephants. They got this right. Ringling brothers had a breeding herd, perhaps the only one in the states. I have no idea what happened to it but it takes a great deal of money to raise elephants. I dare say that another nail was put in the coffin of the elephant. If an elephant can't pay it's own way, there will no longer be elephants. Basic economics. Elephants are herd animals. They remember herd members even when they have been separated. At sanctuaries, people say they see elephants reuniting when a "newcomer" enters the sanctuary. I don't know whether it is better to be alive and perhaps abused or dead. It would take a brave person to abuse an elephant, they have been known to kill their trainers. Actually there were stories about elephants eating miscreants. The lions and tigers are probably next. Anyway something precious has gone.

Post subject: Re: Spring
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:14 pm 

We've had a record-setting snowfall this winter that most people are referring to as snowpocalypse. I'm one of the local bikers here in the valley and it had me shut down for several months because everything was buried. With the exception of a couple weeks being down I can usually ride through the winter here in the valley, it was crazy. Thankfully the snow here in the valley is long gone but it's been a crazy spring as well because we've had as much rain this spring as we usually get all season.

As far as what the Liberals and the animal rights nutballs have done to the Ringling Brothers Circus, it makes me sick. I love the circus and have worked in the big-top as a roadie / stagehands. The Ringling Brothers was the best show that we get here in the valley but now that it's gone about the only show we see anymore is the okura Shrine Circus, which is good and I do support the Shriners but it's just not the same or as good as the Ringling Brothers was. Once in a while we also get a European circus tour that comes through which is good but it's a whole different animal from El Kora or the Ringling Brothers.

Post subject: Re: Spring
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:03 pm 

My computer died and I didn't even kill it. It chocked on an up date to Windows 10. I am chocking now on trying to figure out how the fool thing works. It may soon be moved elsewhere and I will use the library computers this is just too much. I can't even run away to the circus any more. I envy anyone who was able to do so.

Contact Us | All times are UTC