thelostworldfanforum

The Lost World Fan Forum Dedicated to the TV Show The Lost World
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:36 am

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to thelostworldfanforum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our ther features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today.

Post subject: Isn't it odd that Will and Rachel didnt end up together?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:04 pm 

I mean in real life the two had obvious chemistry in both TLW and TOTSS surely that can't have been just artificial for the screen a number of times Rachel says she really enjoyed kissing Will and that they improvised to make the scenes more romantic and add sexual tension even if it wasn't in the script. There must have been a real life attraction between them hence the large amount of flirting which made the M&R scenes so much fun to watch these two were really attracted to each other rather than just acting for the screen. Which makes it odd they didn't end up together in real life. Will married someone else and Rachel was with Sean Rigby and she would go on to have his children and they got married last year I think.

Maybe Will and Rachel didn't think they could act on their feelings in real life? Or maybe all the flirting was just for fun? I wonder if Sean was ever jealous or felt threatened by Will? Another guy kissing and flirting with his girl.
ImperialRaptor7 has been thanked by:

Post subject: Re: Isn't it odd that Will and Rachel didnt end up together?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:00 am 

ImperialRaptor7, super good question..one that has a number of fans puzzled as well.

Any number of reasons certainly would account for their separate and diverse lives. . Suppose one could say the timing wasn't right. Or, as mature adults, their life goals weren't the same!

As we all know...Nothin' is simple ...especially with relationships...(boy ain't that the truth *-) ).

Did the fans come up with a great answer (after chewing over the situation for a long time)?...nada.

Think your root question is going to be one of those unsolved mysteries of "The Lost World" (unless Will or Rachel write a tell all book).

As for your other queries...really hesitate to speculate about Sean other then the known facts.... that he was seriously interested in his 'bubba' but was too shy to ask her out. Which is so sweet. :-)
CAP has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:27 pm 

CAP wrote:
ImperialRaptor7, super good question..one that has a number of fans puzzled as well.

Any number of reasons certainly would account for their separate and diverse lives. . Suppose one could say the timing wasn't right. Or, as mature adults, their life goals weren't the same!

As we all know...Nothin' is simple ...especially with relationships...(boy ain't that the truth *-) ).

Did the fans come up with a great answer (after chewing over the situation for a long time)?...nada.

Think your root question is going to be one of those unsolved mysteries of "The Lost World" (unless Will or Rachel write a tell all book).

As for your other queries...really hesitate to speculate about Sean other then the known facts.... that he was seriously interested in his 'bubba' but was too shy to ask her out. Which is so sweet. :-)

Maybe it was due to children, Rachel has said she always wanted kids even when she was a kid herself and now she is a mother of two while Will is now 53 years old and he still hasn't got kids. Maybe he didn't want kids and that was the deal breaker?

I don't know if I remember correctly but Sean and Rachel started dating in 1997 at first he was too shy and used to follow her around so she thought he was a stalker :lol: but all ended well though I cant help wonder if he ever felt jealous or threatened by Will. I mean she was an actress so he had to accept that she might star in movies/tv series where she had to act romantic or kiss her co star or even show nudity :shock: but the chemistry between Will & Rachel could very well have been seen as a real threat to his own relationship since Sean and Rachel were a couple already during the filming of TOTSS and TLW (1997/1998-2002)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:30 pm 

ImperialRaptor7 wrote:
CAP wrote:

Maybe it was due to children, Rachel has said she always wanted kids even when she was a kid herself and now she is a mother of two while Will is now 53 years old and he still hasn't got kids. Maybe he didn't want kids and that was the deal breaker?

I don't know if I remember correctly but Sean and Rachel started dating in 1997 at first he was too shy and used to follow her around so she thought he was a stalker :lol: but all ended well though I cant help wonder if he ever felt jealous or threatened by Will. I mean she was an actress so he had to accept that she might star in movies/tv series where she had to act romantic or kiss her co star or even show nudity :shock: but the chemistry between Will & Rachel could very well have been seen as a real threat to his own relationship since Sean and Rachel were a couple already during the filming of TOTSS and TLW (1997/1998-2002)

ImperialRaptor7;

I thought the same about children. Relationships, are so complicated it could be something very simple. For example: How Bath Tissue hangs on the roll (over or under?)

If there was something...about the any of the cast having a passing fancy on TOTSS and TLW... the Australian papers and magazines would have picked up on it and run with the goss. There was nothing. Not even the budding romance between Rachel and Sean.

During the run of TOTSS and TLW Will was involved with Kim Kilbey (she was already leaking to the press about 'bill' and 'love' and 'soulmate'.) And other soundbytes. And we know she did visit him on the set of TLW.

Good memory. Sean he did follow her around (being shy in a guy is so cute)...and she thought stalker LOL

Cheers!

CAP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:48 pm 

CAP wrote:
ImperialRaptor7 wrote:
CAP wrote:

ImperialRaptor7;

I thought the same about children. Relationships, are so complicated it could be something very simple. For example: How Bath Tissue hangs on the roll (over or under?)

If there was something...about the any of the cast having a passing fancy on TOTSS and TLW... the Australian papers and magazines would have picked up on it and run with the goss. There was nothing. Not even the budding romance between Rachel and Sean.

During the run of TOTSS and TLW Will was involved with Kim Kilbey (she was already leaking to the press about 'bill' and 'love' and 'soulmate'.) And other soundbytes. And we know she did visit him on the set of TLW.

Good memory. Sean he did follow her around (being shy in a guy is so cute)...and she thought stalker LOL

Cheers!

CAP

Its certainly interesting that a lot of the information we have of the cast comes from interaction between the fan community and the cast itself rather that some big Aussie paper conducting interviews with the cast I know there are interviews from the 90s and I have read them but they mostly seem to rehash the same information whilst during the forum visits and conventions we got a lot of new info about their personal life. Relationships certainly are complex but it does seem the issue of children or maybe the feeling of betraying their existing partners caused Will & Rachel to not act on their special chemistry. We can only speculate only Will & Rachel know for sure.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:32 pm 

First off, the tissue goes over! Makes it so much easier to find.

Second and far more pressing is how did ImperialRaptor7 read my mind? I DON'T KNOW!!!! I have wondered about Will and Rachel with all their chemistry as well. I settled it in my mind as the cruel irony of timing. I think one or both were involved with someone else when they met. They seem to be honorable and smart. They know too many relationships can be destroyed in their industry. Think Pitt and Jolie or Taylor and Burton. Those are just two of the more famous affairs.

I always settled in that way in my mind. Otherwise we would have had more sparks flying on the plateau. The electricity between them would have been enough for Challenger to run air conditioning, gramophone, heat water and any number of electrical inventions without Roxton or Marguerite noticing. Wouldn't that have been great? To be continued would not have been a problem because everyone would have wanted to advertise on The Lost World to see what happens next. I don't know why they didn't do it anyway. The show was the best thing on the air already.

Oh, please be quiet. This is about me. - Pearson Rice
Xelda has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:45 pm 

Great minds think-alike Xelda :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:55 pm 

ImperialRaptor7 wrote:
CAP wrote:
ImperialRaptor7 wrote:
CAP wrote:

ImperialRaptor7;

Cheers!

CAP

Its certainly interesting that a lot of the information we have of the cast comes from interaction between the fan community and the cast itself rather that some big Aussie paper conducting interviews with the cast I know there are interviews from the 90s and I have read them but they mostly seem to rehash the same information whilst during the forum visits and conventions we got a lot of new info about their personal life. Relationships certainly are complex but it does seem the issue of children or maybe the feeling of betraying their existing partners caused Will & Rachel to not act on their special chemistry. We can only speculate only Will & Rachel know for sure.

ImperialRaptor7, agree with you..a lot of personal information did come through the fandom interaction with the actors. We had to ask simple questions like eye color (which was never mentioned in any of the articles on Will or Rachel). Rachel's is a lovely light green and Will's a smoky darker green (had the crazy pleasure of looking into his eyes at a convention).

Before I meander on about Will's eye color which I can do to great lengths...

Where was I....um

Oh yes, the details.... a great deal of information on Will actually came through articles on Kim Kilbey. What books he likes.. and how their wedding day went..and what their apartment was like. And he cooks and also helped her try to 'act'. All sorts of stuff. With Rachel there were no soundbytes funnelled through a third person. And I think she likes not being in the public eye overmuch. She is shy by her own admittance. That is so cute (as well).

I do read the Australian papers nearly every day.. and they DO love a good gossip. Oh boy do they... so if there was something it would have been reported, explored, exploited and exposed.

Cheers!

CAP :JulyTwo:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:36 pm 

CAP wrote:
ImperialRaptor7 wrote:
CAP wrote:
ImperialRaptor7 wrote:
CAP wrote:

ImperialRaptor7;

Cheers!

CAP

ImperialRaptor7, agree with you..a lot of personal information did come through the fandom interaction with the actors. We had to ask simple questions like eye color (which was never mentioned in any of the articles on Will or Rachel). Rachel's is a lovely light green and Will's a smoky darker green (had the crazy pleasure of looking into his eyes at a convention).

Before I meander on about Will's eye color which I can do to great lengths...

Where was I....um

Oh yes, the details.... a great deal of information on Will actually came through articles on Kim Kilbey. What books he likes.. and how their wedding day went..and what their apartment was like. And he cooks and also helped her try to 'act'. All sorts of stuff. With Rachel there were no soundbytes funnelled through a third person. And I think she likes not being in the public eye overmuch. She is shy by her own admittance. That is so cute (as well).

I do read the Australian papers nearly every day.. and they DO love a good gossip. Oh boy do they... so if there was something it would have been reported, explored, exploited and exposed.

Cheers!

BTW CAP would you agree that Rachel's natural hair color is very dark brown almost raven/black?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:51 pm 

ImperialRaptor7.. I, myself, think it is a brunette, but open to Raven or black as well. Lighting on the set has a lot to do with how colors are seen in pixel. A majority of early fanfiction often describe Marguerite's eyes as grey/gray and Roxtons eyes as brown. But they are not.

The above doesn't help at all .. sorry..

Cheers!

CAP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:49 am 

CAP wrote:
ImperialRaptor7.. I, myself, think it is a brunette, but open to Raven or black as well. Lighting on the set has a lot to do with how colors are seen in pixel. A majority of early fanfiction often describe Marguerite's eyes as grey/gray and Roxtons eyes as brown. But they are not.

The above doesn't help at all .. sorry..

Cheers!

CAP

That's ok maybe someone should ask her one day to clarify :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:07 pm 

ImperialRaptor7....you took the words right out of my mouth. Something to ask Rachel (I can dream). I can dream.

Thanks,

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:12 am 

This is for you ImperialRaptor7.... while digging through some old disks (found some past discussions on LW episodes and posted what I could).... this thread also I copied. Sure your will enjoy... we certainly were a wild a crazy bunch ...

maloal

Am I the only one here who thinks that with the on-screen chemistry that Will and Rachel obviously have, why didn't "they" get together for real? Especially since they had it in TOSS as well? Can anyone enlighten me on this subject? I mean, did they actually ever get together at one time in the past?
IP: Logged
Member posted 10-12-2002 11:25 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...just my two cents, but on-screen chemistry does not always equal off-screen attraction.
I think its fair to say that WILL and Rachel are two very incredible and believable actors!

LJC

CAP
Member posted 10-12-2002 11:28 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will Meet Ms. Kilbey in 1996 on a shoot for a modeling job. He said at that time "That's the girl for ME" And he made her his wife on February 9, 2002.
Ms. Blakely and he worked together in TOTSS 1997-1998 but this was after he met the woman who did eventually become his wife.

You are not alone in thinking that the chemistry onscreen between Will and Rachel would work as well off screen.

Here are some pictures of William Snow and Ms Kim Kilbey:
http://www.lostworldtv.net/lwubb/Forum3 ... 00656.html

Pssst...don't pay any attention to the pervy weirdo below. It's just Antea and they let her out of the Norristown Asylum on the Weekends.

Luv ya Antea!

[This message has been edited by CAP (edited 10-12-2002).]

The Lost World Rocks!
Member posted 10-12-2002 11:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by LJohnC:
...just my two cents, but on-screen chemistry does not always equal off-screen attraction.
I think its fair to say that WILL and Rachel are two very incredible and believable actors!

LJC

AHEM -me being a W&R shipper (along with a growing following) I believe that time WILL show them they have chosen the wrong path.... I am NOT a scary psycho (most of the time) but I am REALLY good at these relationship thingies... I can SO tell who WILL get together and what not...
Anyway, so that's what I think- you guys can bash all ya want, but there are others out there with this same belief.. (Where are you guys??? Back me up here!!) W&R forever- bah on Kim!!

MargRox
Member posted 10-12-2002 11:50 PM
I'm right here with ya girl!!! Obviously Will didn't wait long enough to meet his real "soul mate" (is that one word or two?)
Something to be said for jumping the gun, so to speak. I'm sure Kim is a perfectly nice woman, but I just don't see it like I do with W and R. Before anyone says it, I'm not just talking about the "on screen" chemistry.
Heidi

The Lost World Rocks!
Member posted 10-12-2002 11:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MargRox:
I'm right here with ya girl!!! Obviously Will didn't wait long enough to meet his real "soul mate" (is that one word or two?)
Something to be said for jumping the gun, so to speak. I'm sure Kim is a perfectly nice woman, but I just don't see it like I do with W and R. Before anyone says it, I'm not just talking about the "on screen" chemistry.
Heidi

WHOO!! Here we go!! I KNEW I wasn't alone on this point!! EXACTLY what she said!

CAP
Member posted 10-13-2002 12:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by The Lost World Rocks!:
AHEM -me being a W&R shipper (along with a growing following) I believe that time WILL show them they have chosen the wrong path.... I am NOT a scary psycho (most of the time) but I am REALLY good at these relationship thingies... I can SO tell who WILL get together and what not...
Anyway, so that's what I think- you guys can bash all ya want, but there are others out there with this same belief.. (Where are you guys??? Back me up here!!) W&R forever- bah on Kim!!

And here is another lovely picture of those two love birds together: Will and KIM...

http://www.geocities.com/flint19492001/ ... Event.html

Koala Bear
Member posted 10-13-2002 12:35 AM
Just because David & Isabelle and R/M have great chemistry doesn't necessarily mean Will and Rachel do. I'm sure they are probably good friends in RL. They are certainly great actors.
Look at how many real life actor couples have zero on-screen chemistry. Plus so many "on-set" romances fizzle out. Then they don't speak to each other for twenty years...

Anyway, welcome to the board Maloal

[This message has been edited by Koala Bear (edited 10-13-2002).]

The Lost World Rocks!
Member posted 10-13-2002 01:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CAP:
And here is another lovely picture of those two love birds together: Will and KIM...
http://www.geocities.com/flint19492001/ ... Event.html

WHAT- EVER.

Beckers
Member posted 10-13-2002 02:44 AM
LWR - LOL!!
I love their chemistry as well and I do believe they are good friends (even at the convention chat they were so funny together on the phone) and may even have a little crush on each other -- but, I'm sorry to say this because I think they would make an adorable couple -- I'm afraid Will's and Rachel's hearts belong to entirely different people ... *Le sigh*.

Beckers

The Lost World Rocks!
Member posted 10-13-2002 02:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Beckers:
LWR - LOL!!
I love their chemistry as well and I do believe they are good friends (even at the convention chat they were so funny together on the phone) and may even have a little crush on each other -- but, I'm sorry to say this because I think they would make an adorable couple -- I'm afraid Will's and Rachel's hearts belong to entirely different people ... *Le sigh*.

Beckers

Awwww, come on Beckers!! You out of all people should REALIZE it!! I mean, come ON!! Listen to EVERYTHING she's EVER said about the man- all the hints, secret signs- you cannot sit there and plainly state that their hearts belong to other people...
Yeah, Will is married, but if CAP's statement about Kim being the girl for him was TRUE- why did it take this long for them to get married??? HMMMM???
Ok, I'm sorry to anyone who doesn't believe in this- and ESPECIALLY to Rachel and Will if they should ever come across this- I would probably be on their hit list as "Psycho Stalker/Pervy Weirdo" but I DON'T CARE!! It's ALL there!! EVIDENCE, people!!

MargRox
Member posted 10-13-2002 03:08 AM
I totally agree. Just watch the woman talk about Will in the interview on the Home Page. !She starts out talking about Roxton and totally goes on and on about Will instead. You don't get that flustered when talking about "just a friend". As for Wills feelings, time will tell and personally I dont care who reads this!! LOL.
Heidi

The Lost World Rocks!
Member posted 10-13-2002 03:12 AM

quote:
I totally agree. Just watch the woman talk about Will in the interview on the Home Page. !She starts out talking about Roxton and totally goes on and on about Will instead. You don't get that flustered when talking about "just a friend". As for Wills feelings, time will tell and personally I dont care who reads this!! LOL.
Heidi

AMEN Sister W&R shipper!!!
We're psycho and proud of it!!!

MargRox
Member posted 10-13-2002 03:13 AM
Not so psycho when its true!!!! We believe!!!
Heidi

The Lost World Rocks!
Member posted 10-13-2002 03:17 AM

quote:
Not so psycho when its true!!!! We believe!!!
Heidi

That should be the W&R shippers' motto...

* Steffi *
Member posted 10-13-2002 04:15 AM
Here I am , Antea!!
YAY!! I´m a totally M&R and W&R shipper!! I know M&R are just on screen and I know W&R aren´t M&R ....not that someone thinks I confuse them.
But those two ...awww god look at them they look so perfect together!! How they act together ..whoaaa! And did you see those cute video clips on the official site ...look at how Rachel speaks about Roxton ..her smile,her eyes ..awwww ...and then she speaks about Malone and ..where is her smile? Where is that gleam in her eyes? ...vanished.
And Will about Marguerite ..YAY!

And how Rachel spoke about him in her interview ...it just tells so much. Or there once was an article on a site where she said he helped her through a crisis ..awww please that´s so cute!

Yep, Kim is beautiful and I have no right to say she isn´t the right person for him ...it´s his choice and as long as he is happy that´s okay! But I think Rachel would be more perfect. But that´s just my personal opinion.

I think Will should´ve met Rachel earlier then Kim ....I´m curious if the same would´ve happened because I think then Rachel could be Mrs. Snow now.

And if Rachel,Will or Kim shoudl read that here ....I´m not crazy. That´s just my personal opinion and you can´t change that you just look adorable together,Will&Rach.

And WELCOME to the board maloal! You´ll love it here!

Some people already know that they should never get me started on Will&Rach ...I can´t stop then ...and now let me see how many smilies I have to edit.

*HUGS*

Steffi

mistycara
Member posted 10-13-2002 05:09 AM
Didn't J&G say that Will and Rachel have incredible chemistry on screen as well as off? Cara

CAP
Member posted 10-13-2002 10:32 AM

quote:
Awwww, come on Beckers!! You out of all people should REALIZE it!! I mean, come ON!! Listen to EVERYTHING she's EVER said about the man- all the hints, secret signs- you cannot sit there and plainly state that their hearts belong to other people...
Yeah, Will is married, but if CAP's statement about Kim being the girl for him was TRUE- why did it take this long for them to get married??? HMMMM???
Ok, I'm sorry to anyone who doesn't believe in this- and ESPECIALLY to Rachel and Will if they should ever come across this- I would probably be on their hit list as "Psycho Stalker/Pervy Weirdo" but I DON'T CARE!! It's ALL there!! EVIDENCE, people!!

Why did it take so long, Antea. Well he's starting out on a NEW career, acting. Then, of course, Ms. Kilbey did say she wasn't the marrying kind (as you can see by the wedding pictures....yeah right). And she said to the press she was in LOVE with the MAN in 1998. But, like all driven people, (both are by the way extremely driven about their careers)...he wanted to get on with his career 24/7. He was even going to move back to the good old US of A in 1998 when two things happened (after TOTSS was finished filming)...Dead End and TLW. Dead End was filmed in Melbourne (Victoria) and TLW in Queensland. Both did keep the couple apart. As a matter of fact most of his career has kept the couple apart (if you read between the lines in the New Idea text). Acting jobs are far and few between....and The Lost World...financing was very iffy. Which could have meant NO income (each season has been....like pulling teeth as to whether the show would be back or not).

Some of us believe that because she was in New York on 9/11 and the fact the Newline Greelighted the show in December. He felt, the timing was right. His 'girl' was safe back in Australia and his financial future was assured for another year. Kinda of romantic.

Antea, Rachel and Will are something special, the best of friends, which sometimes outlasts a romantic endeavor.

[This message has been edited by CAP (edited 10-13-2002).]

maloal
Junior Member posted 10-13-2002 10:40 AM
Whoa! When I went to bed last night, no one had yet responded to my post. I woke up to find 16 responses! My personal opinion of the relationship between Will and Rachel? Well, let's just say I don't think everyone involved is being truthful with themselves. I do have to question the nearly six years it took for Will to wed Mrs. Right. Perhaps Rachel was the question mark. And if I'm off on this and Will and Kim are soulmates, well, we girls can dream can't we?

CAP
Member posted 10-13-2002 11:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by maloal:
Whoa! When I went to bed last night, no one had yet responded to my post. I woke up to find 16 responses! My personal opinion of the relationship between Will and Rachel? Well, let's just say I don't think everyone involved is being truthful with themselves. I do have to question the nearly six years it took for Will to wed Mrs. Right. Perhaps Rachel was the question mark. And if I'm off on this and Will and Kim are soulmates, well, we girls can dream can't we?

So then when both were still single, why not. The opportunity to become a couple was always there. Mr. Snow might like Ms. Kilbey's more robust attributes. Ms. Kilbey is considered by FHM magazine....quite a catch and a babe and is listed number 19 (from the top).

I'm trying to refraim from spending much more time on the speculative aspects of the issue because Ms. Blakely does read the board. And I don't want for her to become too uncomfortable.

* Steffi *
Member posted 10-13-2002 11:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by CAP:

So then when both were still single, why not. The opportunity to become a couple was always there. Mr. Snow might like Ms. Kilbey's more robust attributes. Ms. Kilbey is considered by FHM magazine....quite a catch and a babe and is listed number 19 (from the top).
I'm trying to refraim from spending much more time on the speculative aspects of the issue because Ms. Blakely does read the board. And I don't want for her to become too uncomfortable.

I think Rachel deserves a place in the Top 10!

* Steffi *
Member posted 10-13-2002 11:40 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CAP:
Antea, Rachel and Will are something special, the best of friends, which sometimes outlasts a romantic endeavor.

That´s SO true ..and the only positive thing that they aren´t together!

Steffi

The Lost World Rocks!
Member posted 10-13-2002 03:02 PM
When I saw 21 posts in this topic from the 12 or so that were up last night, I thought- *PFFFT* Flamers!! Thank goodness...I know, I know CAP- (with your crazy Kim site- you are SO lucky I love you as much as I do... ) but- I really don't even know how I was going to defend myself... I agree on what Steffi said!! (My fellow W&R shipper!!)

The Lost World Rocks!
Member posted 10-13-2002 03:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by maloal:
My personal opinion of the relationship between Will and Rachel? Well, let's just say I don't think everyone involved is being truthful with themselves. I do have to question the nearly six years it took for Will to wed Mrs. Right. Perhaps Rachel was the question mark. And if I'm off on this and Will and Kim are soulmates, well, we girls can dream can't we?

And, HERE, HERE!!

MargueriteRoxton
Junior Member posted 10-13-2002 05:10 PM
Well...who necessarily says that soul mates end up together? HMM HMM?!?!?!?!!

* Steffi *
Member posted 10-13-2002 06:17 PM

quote:
When I saw 21 posts in this topic from the 12 or so that were up last night, I thought- *PFFFT* Flamers!! Thank goodness...I know, I know CAP- (with your crazy Kim site- you are SO lucky I love you as much as I do... ) but- I really don't even know how I was going to defend myself... I agree on what Steffi said!! (My fellow W&R shipper!!)

There´re quite much of us out there but most of them don´t dare to say it or they just don´t read that here. I can´t help it but if there´s one thing I´m sure of it´s W&R and M&R ...ohh and for that matter David and Isabelle too....lol

Steffi

[This message has been edited by * Steffi * (edited 10-13-2002).]

mistycara
Member posted 10-13-2002 07:16 PM
I'm a huge romantic so I can't but help wondering if Will and Rachel ever wonder what it would be like to be together. The chemistry they share is a strong foundation for any relationship. They so obviously care for one another. No offense to ms. Kilbey but I thing W/R were ment to be together. Maybe it's a timing thing? Rachel if you read this please dont take offense. Cara

Beckers
Member posted 10-13-2002 08:17 PM
Aw, come on gang. I did say I think they have a little crush on each other which makes for good chemistry on screen and off. They obviously enjoy working together. Rachel has always said she adores Will and Will, in the Chicago chat, sounded as if he was ready to go on about her virtues as well before he was interupted with another question.
But really, if it were anything more, I think it would be horribly uncomfortable for them to work together -- especially since the two have totally different real-life partners. They're pals and they're gonna stay pals. And I think that's really wonderful

Now, ahem, would I like to see them together? The romantic in me says, "Oh YES!" but the realist says: "It'll happen only on the screen." and as long as we have M&R or any other characters they have played or will play in the future together, I can live with it.

Hugz,
Beckers

MargRox
Member posted 10-13-2002 08:32 PM
Okaye, I will just say this. I have been thru this same thing with another on screen couple. When the actor first came on this show I used to watch and I saw him with the actress I was like whoa!!! and kept thinking they should be together in real life. Said actress was engaged at the time said actor came on the show so I figured all my fantasizing was for naught. Well, a few months later it was reported in a magazine that said actress was no longer with her fiancee and awhile later after that we found out she was now dating said actor. Long story short (is it to late to say that? LOL) as of today, they have been together six years and are having a baby. Now I'm not saying this will happen with W and R and yes said actress above was not married, all I'm saying it has happened for my favorites before. Pure Luck? Perhaps, but I love living in my little dream world as far as W and R are concerned and I'm sure would understand and not think I'm too much of a freak LOL. Living in my head is just alot of fun sometimes
Heidi

The Lost World Rocks!
Member posted 10-13-2002 11:38 PM
Heidi's story is true! I vouch for her! LOL!! And my hopes are still high!

* Steffi *
Member posted 10-14-2002 04:52 AM

quote:
Heidi's story is true! I vouch for her! LOL!! And my hopes are still high!

Ohhh me too!! Not sure which couple Heidi is referring to but I know one too that got married!! And not to think about another one ..they were married for such a long time, sadly got divorced but they´re still friends ...and you know what ...I´m sure they STILL love each other! And I´m pretty sure they´ll come together again ..it´s just a question of time!

And they´re actors and can hide their feelings very good, I´m sure.

Steffi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:48 pm 

Rachel's hair is dark brown, her eyes are green. Though chances are for various roles she may have gone darker, like black or raven (which to me are the same color. :lol: )
Will's eyes are hazel/green.

I've seen/heard first hand what some fans (present company excluded) have said to actors that play a couple on tv but have either a spouse or significant other. One actor and actress, in particular have excellent chemistry on screen (good friends in real life) were at a convention for their show and some fans yelled out that he needed to divorce his wife (also an actress and at the time they'd been married at least 15 years, happily so) and hook up with his co-star, who had a boyfriend at the time (if she wasn't already married to him). EXCUSE ME?! So not cool. In fact, it's down right disgusting. Especially if the actor's wife is at the same con!

As you can see, I am NOT one who speculating about whether or not actors should get together because they have excellent chemistry with each other while on screen. I know others do and more power to you.

Truth be told, just because actors have excellent chemistry on screen doesn't mean they like each other (I'm fairly sure Rachel and Will did like each other, as friends) off screen.

Just my .2 cents worth on this discussion.
SunKrux has been thanked by:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:44 am 

It was an innocent question and we all crave a happy ending. Some times it's hard to separate fact from fiction when you get deeply involved with a show. No one would wish ill for either Will or Rachel personally or professionally. At least not in our forums! It's a horrible scenario when people yell for someone to divorce their mate in order to hook up with someone whom they are professionally associated with. That would put a strain on both the friendship and how their spouse would view the friend. That was truly disgraceful. Here it was a thought to be discussed and opportunity to provide different points of view.

Oh, please be quiet. This is about me. - Pearson Rice
Xelda has been thanked by:

Contact Us | All times are UTC